Last day we get to feed these little munchkins...
A little girl who has hydrocephalus, HIV+ and not drinking...so hard to see
Our last day of hugs and tackles....
Our final farewell hugs...
The young women that care for the children sang a farewell to us...it was so awesome.
Kelly

Leaving Bujumbura.... by the way those are not shacks they're stores!
Our "cozy" bus.... 7hrs with 1 pit stop, not including the immigration border.... along the middle aisle are fold out benches, so if someone needs to get off they climb over everyone!
A detour.... it was raining & we were slipping everywhere.... did I mention we were on the side of a mountain!
I have seen some pretty crazy, insane driving with ALL sorts of vehicles...and this is just another example... we are presently driving up the side of a mountain going at least 80 clicks & we passed this this truck (I must add, on a one lane road going in either direction) & there were 4 bicycles behind this truck hitching a ride!!!! Do you see the 2 other vehicles behind it?!?!?
Our lovely pit stop... you can't tell but it's on the side of a mountain... I won't dare describe the "bathrooms" and I use that term loosely!

No comments:
Post a Comment